Tuesday 21 September 2010

Whats in a name?

Although he had always been brilliant with his fruit and veg as a baby and toddler, my son has recently decided to be really picky.  He will eat raw carrots, not cooked and brocolli, bananas and melon, thats about it if left to his own devices.  Of course I am doing the "hidden veg" thing in chillies, currys, bolognaises etc but I have discovered that simple rebranding can also work a treat.

Instead of pieces of apple which are refused, "Apple Chunkers" are a big hit!!!

"Monster Mash"  (basically mashed potato, sweet potato ("don't like sweet potato") and carrots ("don't like cooked carrots")) was actually requested today!!!

Now I have my thinking cap on.... Pirate Peas, Broccoli Bombers, ... what could be next!!?? x

No comments:

Post a Comment